Welcome to the Portage County Board of Developmental Disabilities Website
March is National DD Awareness Month
Developmental Disability Awareness Month Calendar:
Open House at Portage Industries Flyer:
Strengthening Families Ohio Parent Café Coordinator Training
The Strengthening Families (SF) Ohio Parent Café Coordinator Training will teach participants how to become familiar with the Strengthening Families framework and increase their knowledge of the five protective factors. The workshop will build participants’ expertise in the Strengthening Families Ohio Parent Café model. As a result, participants will have the knowledge, tools and resources needed to coordinate Strengthening Families Parent Cafés and train parent hosts in their local area.
To Learn more, download the following flyer:
The following was distributed to Independent Providers by DODD:
Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities Providers News & Information Listserv - Information provided by The Arc of Ohio (http://www.thearcofohio.org/).
In Governor Kasich's Executive Budget, the State of Ohio is proposing shifting to an agency-only model to improve oversight, fight fraud and abuse, and improve health outcomes for individuals. If approved, this change would phase out independent providers, unless they are providing services under a self-directed waiver.
As a DODD provider, these changes may affect you, and we wanted to share more information about who may be impacted by this change, options for those who are affected, and the time line.
Who is affected?
- If you are an agency provider, this change will not affect you.
- If you are an independent provider who provides services under a self-directed waiver, this does not affect you. Currently, one of DODD's waivers is a self-directed waiver - the Self-Directed Life Funding (SELF) Waiver.
- If you are an independent provider who provides services under the Independent Options (IO) and Level 1 waivers, this will affect you. However, DODD will add a self-directed option to these waivers, which will allow non-agency providers to serve individuals through Employer Authority.
Note: DODD isn't adding a self-directed option to the Transitions DD waiver because that waiver is being phased out.
What are my options?
- You can seek employment through an agency provider if that option works for you.
- You can provide services under a self-directed waiver.
What are the key dates?
This change would take place over a three-year period to allow individuals and providers to make any transitions. Key dates include:
- July 1, 2016: The Ohio Department of Medicaid (ODM) will not enroll any new independent providers.
- July 1, 2016-June 30, 2019: Current independent providers will not have their certification renewed when it expires - they can continue providing services until their certification expires.
- July 1, 2019: ODM will no longer accept claims with dates of service after July 1, 2019, submitted through independent providers, except in cases of self-directed waiver services.
See IP Changes - What it Means - for more information.
Watch for more information in Pipeline, and on DODD.Ohio.gov. If you have questions, please call the DODD Budget and Developmental Center Closure Hotline toll-free at toll-free at 855-611-6446 (OHIO) or 614-728-5311.